Sunday, January 01, 2006

65 :

I was lost. And now I was found. From here, it was a long way, but I was going home.

And I was gone. I was outside myself. I was standing up, erect. Facing the warmth of the sun. No longer touching the ground. So far away, the ground shrunk around me. Smaller and smaller. All of it going away. The white chimneys, the battered, red brick, the broken windows, the shades of grass, the shadow, the commuters, the ugliness, the beauty, the cold and the warmth. All of it was slipping away, and only what was important remained. Everything else was growing smaller, until only love remained.

I could hear laughter. I could hear love. I could feel a hand wrap around mine. I could feel Karen’s digits as she joined me. And Samuel? I could hear his laughter somewhere near me. I could feel the smile of my mother, the warmth of the sun on my face, and then all was light. Darkness lifted. I had found my purpose. I knew why I was I was born, why I lived, why I died. To love.

I was going home. Home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home