Sunday, January 01, 2006

21 :

Love is a sedative as well. It’s the greatest con-trick ever invented. All you need is Love. Love is all you need.

Forget world peace. An end to hunger. A clean credit record. Forget food. That’s not important.

All you need is love. The love, the unconditional adoration and companionship of
someone. A kindred spirit. To dream, the impossible dream. To love, pure and chaste from afar.

Love is an impossible dream. My lovers were parasites. They fed off me. I trusted. And I was betrayed. Trust and betrayal are two sides of the same coin. You always learn the hard way.

Isn’t it human nature to hope for a better life? To believe that if I open my heart, you won’t put the knife in? People aren’t actually like that.

Oh yes they are. It what makes man the worst animal there is. You don’t see Dolphins fucking each other over for percentages. You don’t see Whales debating the best way to enslave other whales. Tigers selling other tigers with different coloured fur.

We’re the worst animal there is. A cancer spreading incessantly over the planet. A black tumour of civilisation cannibalising our own lifeblood. We won’t be happy until we kill the host. Until we mine every seabed. Until we eat every animal. Until everything is gone. Until the fifteen million mobile phones that we throw away every year begin to form their own island of obsolete gold chips floating in the sea.

So no, I don’t believe in love. I don’t believe in the better things.

Where was I going? What was I doing? What was my life going to mean? Anything?

And then she came and changed everything. And then she came and gave me the answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home